NOW HIRING BARTENDERS!
Seeking two experienced bartenders for our fast-paced brewery taproom, bottle shop, and beer garden!
We’re looking for a couple experienced craft beer bartenders to join our growing team! The Glass Jug started as a bottle shop, and we moved into a new, much larger space complete with a brewery and beer garden in February, 2018. We are proud to be a high traffic, popular spot, and we're looking for two new team members who can come in and hit the ground running to help us handle our increase in traffic.
We currently have two part-time beertender positions open. One position is for 4-5 shifts / week, and the other is for 2-3 shifts / week. Evening and weekend availability is required for both positions. Being a bartender at The Glass Jug Beer Lab offers a great opportunity to expand your beer knowledge and grow your bartending expertise while getting to know the local beer-loving community.
While the schedule changes frequently, these positions will initially be responsible for covering shifts at the following times:
- Sun - Fri shifts start at either 4 or 5 pm, going until roughly 11pm.
- Saturday shifts are either from 12-5pm or 5-11pm.
- Serve draft beer (quickly and efficiently)
- Fill growlers using counter-pressure growler fillers (don't worry, we'll teach you how they work)
- Change kegs; cleaning the draft lines and updating our menus
- Help guests make beer and wine purchasing choices for on- and off-premise consumption
- Help ensure a safe environment for all guests
- Make everyone feel welcome and comfortable while at The Glass Jug
- Follow and properly execute cleaning/sanitation protocols, including performing a full draft system cleaning once every 12-16 weeks
- Stock inventory, create price tags, and organize shelves and coolers on a daily basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Age: 21 or older
- 1 year experience serving craft beer in a restaurant, bar, bottle shop, or brewery setting
- Working knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of beer styles
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible schedule (evenings, weekends, and some holidays required)
- Ability to lift 60 pounds unassisted and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to move 160-pound kegs with the assistance of a hand truck
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Pass background check
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server
- Knowledge of the NC craft beer industry
- Homebrewing or knowledge of the beer making process
- Experience working in bottle shops or breweries
- Bartending experience in a fast-paced environment preferred
- 4-5 shifts a week / 2-3 shifts a week
- Night and weekend availability required
- Competitive hourly pay, based on experience, plus tips.
- Professional development opportunities such as off-flavor/sensory analysis trainings and an annual half-day craft beer course
- Twice annual employee appreciation events
- Employee discount on all products
- Annual reviews with potential for pay increases
- Opportunity to design and brew pilot batches of beer
If interested, please email a cover letter that outlines your experience and expresses why you think you would make a great addition to our team, along with your résumé, to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will be discarded, as we are looking for applicants that display attention to detail and strong communication skills.
The Glass Jug, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity/expression or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Glass Jug, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Glass Jug, LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Glass Jug LLC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.